Physiotherapist or Senior Physiotherapist (Permanent)
Full time/Part Time
Circa £25,000 – £39,000 per annum dependent on experience
+ Golden Hello £2000-£2800, Relocation Allowance up to £4000*
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapist or Senior Physiotherapist to join our Rehabilitation Team at St Michael’s Hospice. This role comes with a generous benefits package including a Golden Hello, Relocation Allowance, Travel Allowance and Private Healthcare.
As a specialist palliative care physiotherapist your role will be to enable people with advanced, serious illness to live life as fully as possible until they die. You will provide skilled holistic assessment and rehabilitation to optimise their functional independence, symptom management, coping and adapting strategies and participation in meaningful activities.
Join us to be part of the innovative changes at St Michael’s Hospice, working closely with our Rehabilitation Lead and Senior Occupational Therapist, to establish St Michael’s Hospice as a centre of excellence for Rehabilitative Palliative Care; a vision fully supported by our Hospice leadership team.
We are seeking skills in holistic assessment, clinical reasoning, exceptional communication, and clinical experience from relevant settings. Palliative care experience is desirable but not essential as you will be working with experienced therapists specialised in palliative care rehabilitation.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- Develop a wide range of clinical skills and knowledge by supporting patients with complex respiratory, cardiac, neurological, oncological, and musculoskeletal conditions
- Become expert in non-pharmacological symptom management to enable people to effectively self-manage pain, breathlessness, fatigue, anxiety and reduced mobility/function
- Become a qualified Moving and Handling Trainer
- Access experienced supervision, mentoring, and coaching support from senior therapists
- Learn from working with Rebecca Tiberini, a national leader in Rehabilitative Palliative Care
- Work in close collaboration with our supportive team of interdisciplinary clinicians across nursing, medicine, social work, spiritual support and bereavement services
- Optimise peoples’ wellbeing and rehabilitation in our beautiful Hospice gardens with sea view.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form. Please note CVs will not be accepted, unless candidates are unable to complete the application form due to a disability, in which case please contact the HR team.
For an informal chat about this exciting role please contact Matt Wheatley on 07936 363898.