Live life as fully as possible with support from St Michael’s Hospice
St Michael’s Hospice Wellbeing Programme enables you to create your own unique programme of outpatient support tailored to what’s most important to you.
Our team of experienced palliative care professionals will meet with you at the Hospice to get to know you and your family, and to understand:
- What matters to you
- What you would like to be able to do
- How your illness is impacting on your life
- Any symptoms, difficulties, concerns or worries you may have about yourself or your family, friends or close ones.
We will then work with you to build a holistic programme to support your needs and priorities. This may include:
- Rehabilitation to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible
- Personalised sessions with our physiotherapist or occupational therapist
- Support for your emotional wellbeing to make sense of and cope with living with a serious illness
- Conversation or writing groups to explore what you are going through facilitated by our spiritual support lead or social worker
- Specialist medical and nursing assessment to ensure your symptoms are as well controlled as possible and to help you plan for the future
- Social activities including creative art, nature, music where you can share time and experiences with people in a similar situation to you
- Complementary therapy to support your sense of relaxation and wellbeing.
Coronavirus update – 15th October 2021
We are now able to continue to offer a personalised Wellbeing Programme, including telephone, virtual and a limited face to face service. In order to ensure we comply with the current guidance, the Programme is changing regularly, and details of the current offer can be obtained by contacting the Hospice.
Get in touch with the team
Let’s work together to ensure your wellbeing is as good as it can be. Contact us on 01424 445177 to have a chat with one of our Wellbeing Team.