£32,040.63 – £37,970 per annum (dependent on experience)
37.5 hours per week
As a social worker, you will engage with people to facilitate timely, creative, person-centered support that builds on strengths, enable people to make informed choices and to manage their health, wellbeing and lives as independently, for as long as possible. You will work closely with other members of the multi-disciplinary team providing support around transfer of care, emotional and psychological needs, concerns for children and young people, and issues relating to risk, vulnerability, mental capacity and safeguarding.
As the successful candidate you will be committed to developing your skills and knowledge to support individuals, carers and family members who are experiencing the challenges of advanced illness and who are accessing the range of Hospice services across outpatient and inpatient settings. We are seeking skills in holistic assessment, exceptional communication and relationship building, strengths-based approach and experience in health and social care statutory settings, managing safeguarding concerns, complexity and risk and knowledge of legislation underpinning best practice.
We would welcome those with Children’s and Mental Health experience and recognise those valuable transferable skills.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
• Lead developments in the assessment, support and training for carers, as well as being a Designated Safeguarding Officer and contributing to ongoing training in this area
• Hold a low caseload of patients and families enabling you to use relationship based social work methodology
• Be fully supported and developed within the field of palliative care by our Senior Social Worker
• Further your skills in supervision and line management through the management of Well Being Assistants and volunteers
• Work in close collaboration with our supportive team of multidisciplinary clinicians across nursing, medicine, rehabilitation, spiritual support and bereavement services
• Extend your skills, knowledge and experience in providing specialist palliative care social work support
• Access experienced clinical reflection and mindfulness support
• Optimise peoples’ health, wellbeing and independence in our beautiful hospice setting with gardens and sea views
At St Michael’s Hospice we offer a friendly work environment, a good pension scheme with the option to continue any existing NHS pension scheme membership, a wellbeing and resilience programme, discounted gym membership, up to 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays and supportive supervision.
Please note CVs will not be accepted, unless candidates are unable to complete the application form due to a disability, in which case please contact the HR team.
Closing date: Monday 10th October
Interview date: Thursday 20th October 2022
Get in touch
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Gemma Hicks, Senior Social Worker on 01424 456364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org