Follow That Duck: Trail Wing Leader
Our Follow that Duck ‘Trail Wing Leader’ volunteers will be a very important part of our team, helping to ensure that St Michael’s Hospice produces an exciting and successful live art trail; the biggest ever event of its kind to take place in Hastings and Rother.
If you like meeting and talking to people, helping at events, selling merchandise or helping to fundraise through street (pot or bucket) collections, then we have a volunteer role for you.
As a volunteer Trail Wing Leader, you will act as an ambassador for St Michael’s Hospice and the Follow that Duck live art trail. You will be vital in helping us raise awareness about the work of St Michael’s Hospice and the Follow that Duck trail, including guiding visitors to our large Duck sculptures and our smaller Duckling sculptures.
Key Activities will be dependent on your, role but could include:
- Distributing trail maps and leaflets to local businesses
- Engaging with the public and answering any questions on the artwork and/or location of the sculptures
- Answering questions and generally promoting the trail, the charity and the communities of Hastings, Bexhill on Sea and St Leonards on Sea
- Handing out and distributing trail maps to people taking on the trail
- Selling merchandise at our pop-up shops during the trail
- Helping with the maintenance of our sculptures
- Reporting any possible sculpture damage to the Follow that Duck team
- Helping with our fundraising, assisting with collections and dropping money collections back to the nearest St Michael’s Hospice shop or building
- Providing support at Follow that Duck events from registering guests, stewarding, handing out information
We are looking for volunteers who can ideally commit to a regular / weekly shift of a minimum of 2.5 hours a week, from 24th June to 4th September, or as many weeks of the trail that you are able to commit to. However, there is also the opportunity for you to offer some volunteer hours on a more ad hoc basis, if you are time limited, but want to support.
Whether you’re an existing St Michael’s Hospice Volunteer or you’re completely new to St Michael’s Hospice, but would like to find out more and sign up as a Trail Wing Leader Volunteer, we would love for you to attend one of these two recruitment sessions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your attendance at either session, or if you would like to find out more about the role and have any role-related questions answered. You can also call Beth from the team on 07936 363902.