What is the role?
The Telephone Befriending Volunteers will be part of the Hospice Neighbours Team, offering light touch support to patients, carers and people with life limiting conditions in our community who might be isolated and lonely..
What will I be doing?
- Making calls by phone* to check in with patients or carers to have a chat
- Finding common ground so that a rapport can be built over a period of time
- Using active listening to ‘read between the lines’ and determine if there are concerns or worries being expressed
- Understand where there may be issues that need signposting, and/or referring on to other hospice services
- Escalating any issues to the Hospice Neighbour Officer in a timely fashion.
*Where digital platforms such as Zoom or Teams are available, these may be used for making contact.
Are you interested?
For further details, please read the role description and complete an application form. One of the Voluntary Services Team will be in contact very soon.
Get in touch with the Voluntary Service team
For further information call us on 01424 457962 or email us.